Search This Blog (i know i saw it somewhere)

Friday, November 25, 2011

How to make your store rewards work for you:

So when I was showing my hubby my pictures from yesterday's shopping trip he wanted to know if i really only paid $4 for all i bought, I tried to explain the formula him then I realized someone else may need this information so here we go!

I went to rite aid and picked up 2 universal remotes, 4 Dove deodorants, and 2 packs of hairbows. 
Here is how I did it:

Transaction #1: 
Remote $5 get $5 back

Transaction #2:
Remote $5 get $5 back: I paid for this remote with the $5 I received from the first transaction so I only had to pay tax

Transaction #3:
2 Deodorants $4 get $2 back wyb 2
1 pack of hair bows $1.99 get $1.99 back
total $5.99; use $5 from previous transaction pay $.99 cash

Transaction #4:
2 Deodorants $4 get $2 back wyb 2
1 pack of hair bows $1.99 get $1.99 back
total $5.99; use $3.99 from previous transaction pay $2 cash
since there are no more transactions I am taking home $3.99 in +Up rewards

so here is the formula:
OOP I spent $7.99 and I still have $3.99 in store rewards so it is recorded as paying $4 for everything!
If you begin with store rewards your OOP would be lower.

Since the key to making your rewards work for you is more transactions, here are a few rules I abide by:
1. no more than 4 transactions per visit
2. if someone is waiting behind me let them checkout before me or between transactions depending on when   
   they arrive
3. be organized and quick
4. always thank the cashier for their kindness and patience~ This means alot to them and even if they are rude 
    my parents always told me to kill em with kindness

No comments:

Post a Comment