Search This Blog (i know i saw it somewhere)

Friday, July 8, 2011

My top 3 cleaners!

There are a lot of different cleaning products out there.  Most of them can get pretty pricey.  That’s why my top three favorite cleaners are always cheap, but they are still effective. 
My top three cleaning products are vinegar, baking soda, and borax.

The thing I really like about these three is that they have so many uses.  One I use every day is an all purpose spray made with 1 part vinegar to 3 parts water. This can be used to clean the kitchen, the bathroom and everything in between.  You may be worried about the vinegar smell, but I have never had a problem with a smell once the spray has been wiped away.

Everyone I know loves Mr. Clean’s Magic Erasers, but like many products they are expensive. I try to stock up when a good deal comes along but if I don’t baking soda will do the same thing. Just take about ½ -1 cup of baking soda (depending on how much you need) and ½ cup of water. Slowing add the water to the baking soda to get it clumpy-not dissolved. You may not need all the water. Give the baking a little stir to incorporate the water.  Voila! You‘ve got your own Magic Eraser. Just scoop some with a damp rag or sponge and scrub away.

Borax is great for getting stains out of carpet (which happens to me a lot, I’m clumsy). Just sprinkle some borax on the wet stain. Let it dry and vacuum it up. If the stain is dry, wet it with some of your all purpose vinegar spray.  Another use for borax, that I have yet to try, but want it to, is homemade laundry detergent.  I first saw the recipe here.  As soon as I can find washing soda, I plan on trying it. So if anyone knows where I can get some, let me know!

Just because these products are cheap doesn’t mean that they don’t ever have coupons. You can find baking soda coupons here at Arm & Hammer’s website. You can also get Heinz vinegar coupons here.  Borax, however, doesn’t put out as many coupons. If you sign up on their website, when they do release coupons, you’ll receive an email.
                So tell me, what are your favorite cleaning products?

No comments:

Post a Comment